I quite often get asked what foods I snack on during the day to avoid reaching out for those typically unhealthy sugary treats. It’s important to make sure that you are keeping your sugar levels balanced throughout your day as this will stop any urges for a mad binge.
Sharing my top snacks with you, the ones that keep the pesky binge monsters at bay!
Please remember that I have chosen a dairy-free and gluten-free lifestyle due to optimise my gut function but this will not be the same for everyone.
- Nut, nuts, nuts – For me it’s a bag of Cashew Nuts, munch on a handful of these. Great for a post-workout treat!
- A Protein Bar – REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE INGREDIENTS!!! There are far too many bars out there that are claiming to be healthy but packed full of unnecessary sugars/crazy ingredients that you just don’t need in your body. These are my favourite at the moment, find them in your supermarket or health food store.
You can, of course, make your own protein bars, get in touch with me if you want some recipe ideas.
- A piece of fruit with peanut butter e.g. slices of apple with a teaspoon of peanut butter spread across them. Try lot’s of different peanut butters until you find the one you love. I’m enjoying this one at the moment!!
- Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter & a sprinkling of your favourite fruit – There is a definitely peanut theme going on here!
- Quinoa Chips or Hummus Chips – A great alternative to a bag of crisps, these are low in sugars and salts and have a good amount of protein in them too!
So there you go, just a few snacks to get you through the day. There are of course plenty more that you can go for. Remember to change them up and have different snacks available every day so that you don’t get bored. Variety is the spice of life! Enjoy!
Love Virginia x